Business Development Intern
Capro-X is searching for a Business Development Intern to join our team in Ithaca, NY immediately for the Summer of 2023, and potentially onwards through the Fall semester. The intern will be joining at an exciting time for the company, as we are evaluating investors for a Seed fundraise to scale our fermentation platform to kickstart production in 2024, beginning sales of our initial food ingredients. The intern can work in-person or remotely, assisting the CEO with evaluating and identifying potential investors for our fundraise, developing commercialization plans for our biochemicals, and performing market analyses of new market opportunities.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience with biology, chemistry, water, and/or wastewater technology commercial evaluations; operating knowledge of fermentation, wastewater treatment, energy products and/or chemistry are highly sought after. In this fast-growing startup, the intern will gain first-hand experience in a challenging and dynamic environment – we strive to provide broad experiences that come with joining a growing startup and to find new potential hires who have a multidisciplinary background, a “get it done” attitude, and share our ambition to bring greater sustainability to the world.
- Assist CEO with active Seed fundraise: identify and evaluate investors and events, prepare outreach communications, maintain investor CRM.
- Assist CEO with biochemical market development: identify potential growth markets/customers, develop early-stage commercialization plans for market entry.
- Experience evaluating investor profiles, such as investment thesis, investment portfolio, funds available, approach strategies.
- Ability to review industry and academic literature, news, social media to develop biochemical commercialization strategies, perform market size evaluations, identify potential customers.
- Experience developing financial projection models, capex, depreciation, taxes.
- Academic knowledge based in science and/or engineering, or strong ability to understand concepts.
- Ability to work independently, learn on your own and seek out knowledge to bring solutions to problems.
- Strong writing and presentation skills to communicate effectively with executive team.
Education and experience level
- Student seeking degree in a relevant business, law, engineering, science field OR graduated recently with these credentials.
- Work and academic experience are preferred (previous internship, consulting, independent research).
Interested candidates should submit application materials to [email protected] with the following tag in the subject line: [CPRX biz dev intern 2023]. Improperly addressed applications may be lost in automated filters.