Associate Scientist – R&D (Contract-to-Hire)
The mission of the R&D Associate Scientist is to execute the benchtop trials, scale-up, and fundamental R&D to develop and improve products for our brands and customers, thus enhancing the technical and commercial viability of the Antithesis legume-based platform.
- Lead short and long-term product improvement and basic research initiatives.
- Strategically source, analyze, and test new ingredients and explore in product functionality.
- Perform analytical testing of raw ingredient behavior and finished
- product samples.
- Develop products for commercial partners, from concept to benchtop
- testing, scale-up, sensory, shelf-life, and nutritional analysis.
- Assist in planning and execution of pilot manufacturing trials.
- Contribute to overall company strategy and project ideation.
What You Bring to the Table
- Scientific creativity: Has a strong science background but does not self-limit by what is traditionally done. Embraces exploration and rapid testing/prototyping.
- Owner’s mindset: Acts without being told what to do. Takes responsibility for outcomes and is empowered to make the decisions to lead to those outcomes.
- Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Copes well with complexity and change. Distill complex challenges and identify tangible next steps towards problem solving.
- Mission oriented: Always considers the company mission in the decisions they make and the work they do.
- Loves food: Views food as a vehicle to connect with family and friends, explore science and art, and indulge in culture and history.
- Insatiably curious: Thrives on learning. Pursues interests voraciously.
: This is a full-time contract to hire position that begins with a 6-month contract period. Contract months include a monthly stipend and employment is a full-time salaried position (stock options available upon becoming a permanent hire). Candidates must have a B.S. with at least 1 year of industry experience or advanced degree (M.S or Ph.D) in food science or related field in the sciences with competency in chemistry.
We are a startup with a small, dedicated team. As we scale our products, this role will have a major impact on the success of the company- we are looking for someone with the energy and passion to match. At Antithesis, everyone’s voice matters. This is not a bench scientist position- you are truly part of the strategic team and will help to shape the company direction in a way that’s far beyond what a bench scientist would. The ideal candidate is someone that thrives on solving problems, cares deeply about food and nutrition, and isn’t afraid to do, well, the antithesis of the norm.
Questions & applications (cover letter + CV or resume) can be emailed to Ashton Yoon at [email protected].
Sales & Marketing Associate
Antithesis is looking for an entrepreneurial team member, passionate about getting better-for-you food to consumers. The ideal candidate will work with the executive team to execute and manage our omni-channel sales strategy for our consumer brand, Protos.
What you’ll do
- Sell Protos: Execute a sales strategy, identifying, contacting, sending samples, and following up with retail or marketplace leads. Manage onboarding of Protos onto direct-to-retail platforms. Whether in large grocery stores, small coffee shops, or corporate dining, we’ll work together to find buyers, establish relationships, and get customers to yes.
- Collaborate with marketing: Ensure that once products are on a physical or digital shelf, customers know they’re there and can go out and purchase them. Manage influencer outreach and coordinate sample requests. Source collaborations with other brands (giveaways, promos, events), figure out logistics, and communicate back to the team. Direct interns in the creation of social media content (TikTok & Instagram).
- Build and maintain relationships with retailers: Check in with retailers and ensure we are supporting them with sampling, promotion, and marketing. If there is any product feedback, you’ll surface that to the development team for continuous improvement.
What you have
- Live & breathe the Protos brand: You believe in the product & company mission and want to help spread the word and get the brand into the hands of people who want and need it.
- Communication skills: You love building relationships, providing feedback, educating customers, and providing solutions. You know how to overcommunicate and simplify messages to reduce miscommunication.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: You don’t wait to be told what to do; you know what needs to be done and you do it. You’re comfortable making independent decisions and operating autonomously with minimal direction.
- Curiosity: You ask why things are done a certain way and are continually learning.
- An organized dashboard: Working as part of a dynamic team, you are accountable and dependable, available for communication through emails or company chat.
This is a full-time contract to hire position that begins with a 3-month contract period. Contract months include a monthly stipend and employment is a full-time salaried position.
If you’d like to be considered, attach a resume and a brief (two paragraph) cover letter and send to [email protected]. For any questions or comments, reach out to the same e-mail, we’re excited to hear from you!
More about what we’re building at www.antithesisfoods.com.