Job Description: Financial Controller
We are looking for an experienced financial controller, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will include financial risk management, overseeing, directing, and administering all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Direct and administer all financial operations of the hotel to include, but not limited to, asset protection, financial
- reporting, systems management, hotel-wide budget and forecasting, department management, and meeting
- participation and facilitation.
- Ensure compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Serve as financial advisor to hotel management and ownership.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries and expenses of the hotel.
- Assist and counsel department heads in the interpretation and analysis of financial data, recommending courses of action to maximize hotel profitability.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and
- professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
- Assist the General Manager with Recruiting, interview and train team members.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller preferable in hospitality operations but not a requirement.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent in accounting software- PMS & POS systems user and administration skills.
Sarah Latimer: [email protected] or 917-266-3365