Rev Member Spotlight: Ursa
Founded in 2014 by Adam Maher (Cornell BS ’06, MENG ’07), Derek Edinger (Cornell BS ’94, MENG ’95), and Julie Baker
Ursa Space Systems is a geospatial services company that uses a radar satellite network to detect events happening around the world. Ursa analyzes data from the satellite network to deliver timely insights to people who make decisions.
Since its founding in 2014 as on of Rev’s inaugural members, Ursa has focused on providing analytics to the energy and finance industries. The company plans to expand its service to other industries including insurance, logistics, and environmental and social governance (ESG).
- Raised $15M Series B funding led by Razor’s Edge Ventures.
- Recognized by Forbes for hiring women leaders and achieving near gender parity company-wide.
- Now offering the world’s most comprehensive oil storage coverage available, along with other standard and custom product offerings.
- Raised $7M Series A funding to turn satellite imagery into business intelligence.
- The number of employees has tripled since December 2017, including the addition of a new CTO.