Writing and Social Media Assistant
Passionate about your Twitter feed?
A master at writing captivating blog posts?
Love promoting and attending networking events?
Cornell’s Center for Regional Economic Advancement (CREA), based out of Rev: Ithaca StartupWorks, is looking for a writing/social media assistant to help us in our mission to empower entrepreneurs and help grow businesses in the Southern Tier of NY.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
- Create content for blog posts, social media, and newsletters
- Write and edit blog posts
- Assist in laying out weekly and monthly newsletters
- Assist with content calendar for social media
Perks of the job:
- Meet entrepreneurs, investors, and government officials from across Upstate NY
- Thrive in a challenging, dynamic work environment with increasing freedom for responsible workers
- Create compelling, unique portfolio pieces
- Enjoy a modern, hip office space with friendly dogs, catered events once a month, and lots of fun
- Student majoring in communications, marketing, graphic design, or a related field
- Must have professional attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and execution
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where change is common; capable of setting priorities under pressure
- Must have an ability to work and collaborate with others under little supervision while demonstrating a positive, purpose-oriented work ethic
- Preference given to those who have previous work experience and are familiar with Creative Cloud, Slack, Smartsheets, Airtable, MailChimp, WordPress, and various social media channels.
Work Schedule: 10-15 hours per week
Application: Please apply here.