SolarKal Director of Marketing
SolarKal is the leading solar energy advisory and brokerage firm in the US, representing more than $70M of solar energy transactions. SolarKal is working with real estate owners, businesses and corporations on implementing solar energy by providing strategy, feasibility and procurement services, all via the largest network and marketplace of solar vendors. Through our proprietary and award winning model and platform, clients can easily compare customized quotes from our marketplace of 120+ solar providers, and save more than 30% compared to market rates. SolarKal helps its clients with securing financing, understanding national policies, and maximizing solar incentives.
Our team is passionate about what we do and the people we work with. We believe in transparency, enthusiasm, and negotiating the best terms for our clients. The positive social impact we make is an additional and significant benefit.
The SolarKal Director of Marketing is the leader for all marketing strategy and execution for the company. The Director of Marketing is expected to consider all potential marketing channels relevant to SolarKal’s business, determine which to align with and participate in given allotted marketing budget spend, make a recommendation to senior management on the company’s first comprehensive marketing effort, and then manage the day to day execution. The Director of Marketing reports directly to the CEO of SolarKal, and is expected to make a major impact on the company’s customer acquisition and branding efforts. This position is based in New York City.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Developing a comprehensive marketing roadmap, considering (but not limited to) the following channels: SEO & SEM, social media, conferences & events, earned media & PR, company collateral, and emerging digital marketing;
- Allocation of pre-determined marketing budget across recommended marketing channels;
- Management of day to day execution of marketing plan(s);
- Periodic reporting of budget, ROI, and other success metrics;
- Accumulating industry knowledge, insights, and contacts;
- Tracking and monitoring the market with respect to competition, potential customers, market dynamics, and technology developments and providing feedback to key stakeholders;
- Researching and prospecting for new markets and leads in the value chain and validating and creating opportunities for the sales team;
- Ensure coordination of customer events and tradeshow exhibition;
- Prepare marketing and sales projections relating to strategic and operational planning;
- Communicate to all key stakeholders in the solar energy value chain, form alliances with industry partners and customers and work with regulatory organizations.
Candidates who qualify for this position have 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in the relevant industries.
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred;
- 5+ years of commercial and digital marketing experience; knowledge in clean energy or solar is a bonus but not required;
- Deep understanding and experience with strategic and digital marketing;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability in developing and implementing creative solutions to complex problems;
- A proven track record of leading projects that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables;
- Ability to quickly assimilate market research and competitive analysis;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Excited about SolarKal’s mission and the renewable industry.
- Casual, entrepreneurial, comfortable, fun and proactive with an accountable, high performance, and results oriented work environment;
- Salary and discretionary bonus package that will track or exceed market;
- Be part of a fast-pace, fast-growing company with an easy to sell solution and a proven track record;
- Work in an industry that is new, growing, and exciting; and one that helps the planet.
If interested please apply at SolarKal Careers.